DEMOCRATIC MEMBER CONTROL IS ONE OF OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
DEMOCRATIC MEMBER CONTROL
A candidate can run for a Director position in two ways:
- Selection During the Nominating Committee Meeting - The nominating committee consists of three members, one from each district up for election and meets in December at the Eau Claire Energy Cooperative headquarters.
- Nomination by Petition - Any fifteen (15) or more members may make nominations in writing over their signatures. Petitions must be submitted to the Cooperative Secretary not more than 150 nor fewer than 55 days prior to the Annual Meeting.
- Are a natural person, who has been for three (3) years immediately prior to nomination, a member of the Cooperative;
- Are a bona fide resident of the Director district for which the nominee is nominated for or from which the Director was elected;
- Are receiving electric service from the Cooperative at the member’s place of residence;
- Have not been an employee of the Cooperative within five (5) years of the date of their election, or the spouse of such person;
- Must be able to access, receive, and transmit electronic communications, documents, etc.
- For a full list of qualifications, please refer to Article IV, Section 2 of the Cooperative Bylaws.
INTERESTED IN SERVING ON THE BOARD?
As a member of Eau Claire Energy Cooperative, you have the opportunity to serve on our Board of Directors as well as elect your board members. That's the cooperative difference! Each Director serves a three year term. Application forms are available during the nomination process.
- Attend 12 regularly scheduled monthly Board Meetings
- Attend 1 – 4 additional Board and/or Committee Meetings per year
- Attendance at national, regional, state, and/or other meetings, conferences, and/or training seminars accounting for 3 – 10 days per year
- Encouraged to become a NRECA Credentialed Cooperative Director by attending 3 – 5 trainings per year
- Spend considerable time reviewing and analyzing data and other information presented to the Board
- Disclosure of any existing or potential conflict of interest with any Board membership, position, investment, or business
- Must successfully pass a background check during the election process